To Check Out the La Jolla Art & Wine Festival
The 8th Annual La Jolla Art & Wine Festival is October 7-8. Free and open to the public, the event features over 150 local, regional and international artists. The festival benefits underfunded programs such as art, music, science, physical education, technology, and on-site medical care at local public elementary and middle schools. For more information, visit LJAWF.com
1. Family Fun – The LJAWF is the perfect place to bring the whole family for a weekend of art appreciation, hands on activities, and art projects – even painting on a car. This year, the Geppetto’s Family Art Center + Lab is adding a science component where kids can get hands on experience with fermentation and more.
2. Wine, wine, wine! – Over 20 wineries will be represented, with several varietals hailing from a multitude of regions. From whites, reds, to rosé – there’s something for every taste.
3. Local and International Art – Over 200 hand-selected artists from around the world will be displaying their artwork during the two-day event.
4. Kids’ Activities – Inspire your youngster to get creative with hands-on projects, face painting, and more.
5. So Many Artistic Mediums – Artists of every medium imaginable will be displaying their works. From painting to sculpting to metal work, and more!
6. Live Music – Be sure to bring your dancing shoes. There is a full line-up of live music and entertainment both days of the festival. Check online for full list of performers.
7. Community – Connect with friends and fellow art lovers. This event attracts over 10,000 people to Girard Avenue.
8. Craft Beer Garden – For those who prefer beer over wine, the beverage garden will also offer a wide selection of craft brews from San Diego and beyond.
9. Gourmet Food Court – The LJAWF is known for its delicious gourmet food court. Specialty food vendors will be serving elevated fare for foodies throughout the weekend.
10. Artists in Action – Many artists paint, sculpt and create at their booth so you get to see them in action.